From the outset, let me state that very early on in the life of our company, we purposefully decided that customer experience would not only a priority, but a tenet of our business.
A part of this was as goal to provide best-in-class support.
We pride ourselves on our accessibility and turnaround time when our customers need help, and for the most part, we hear that our philosophy is working.
But to help, we usually need quite a bit more information than what comes across. Frequently we’ll have someone simply send “Help! My OnePager isn’t working and I need to do something urgently!” We can feel the frustration through the computer, but without much else, we can’t jump in and help. Instead the back and forth begins.
We empathize with the situation; when you go to use OnePager, you’re often in need of a visual VERY soon. So when something goes wrong, panic quickly sets in, and this is not a good feeling…you just need help.
In order for us to help you as quickly as possible, there are a handful of things that will help us understand what might be going on, which may even allow us to resolve the issue with a single reply:
- Template (.tat) file used – If your issue is occurring during the process of creating a brand New OnePager, this will help.
- Project View (.tam) file – If your issue is something you can see in your OnePager chart, sending us the actual Project View will help because it might be a setting, combinations of settings, or your data that is causing the problem.
- Relevant screenshots – This will help paint a picture for us of what the issue is vs. just a written description.
- Source file (Excel/Project) – If the root cause lies in your data, having your source file will help us figure that out fast.
- Log files (log files can be found at C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Chronicle Graphics\OnePager\logs\) – The log files contain evidence of what the issue might be, and are always helpful.
- OS (Win7, Win10, etc.) – Microsoft likes to introduce changes that can sometimes cause headaches when OnePager files are shared between Windows operating system versions, so understanding your version is helpful.
- Project (Server)/Excel Version
- Project/Excel Bit Count (32-bit vs. 64-bit) – You can find this by launching Excel or Project and clicking File -> Account -> About Project/Excel
- OnePager Edtion (Express vs. Pro)
- OnePager Version Number (6.1.x) – You must include the 3rd number, as that will indicate the final patch release that you’ve received.
- Issue Description (include all steps to reproduce the issue) – A thorough description of the issue is important.
If you’d like to proactively sign a Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement, we’re happy to do that, in order to make it easier for you to share files with us, in a support-capacity. We have many of these on file already, but if you’d like to check, send an email to [email protected].
There are some things to keep in mind, as you engage with us in a support interaction:
- We like you. We’re in business because of you, and inherently we want you to be happy using our application or interacting with our team.
- We’re going to be nice to you. Please return that courtesy.
- We don’t “farm out” our support. You’re always interacting with someone knowledgeable and empowered when you reach out to us.
- 99% of the tickets we receive are related to some sort of Frequently Asked Question, and not a bug that someone has uncovered.
- The best way to submit your issue is via our online ticketing submission page here, as this will formally log a ticket, where the interactions are tracked, along with the time it takes to resolve your issue or answer your question.
- While we post our phone number on the website, sometimes we’re not able to take your call, so if we don’t pick up, leave a short voicemail, and we promose we’ll call you back. We really will. But if you don’t leave a voicemail, we can’t return your call.
- You must keep your maintenance subscription current in order to utilize us for support.
Anything you think we could do to improve? Leave us a comment or send a note to [email protected].