OnePager is thrilled to announce we are a few weeks away from releasing our next beta version, 7.0.0. This new release will significantly upshift the reporting capabilities of OnePager, while making the user experience easier and the outputs more visually appealing to the consumers of OnePager charts. We are now looking for “a few good PMs” to beta test the release … more on that in a moment.
The major enhancements to OnePager coming in version 7.0 include:
- Multiple Swimlane Levels: Categorize your tasks and milestones in up to three levels of swimlanes, in addition to the five text columns already available in version 6.1.
- Smart Text Optimization: When you create a new chart (project view), OnePager applies some smarts to the positioning of your task and milestone labels, detecting and avoiding most unsightly collisions. You’ll get from initial output to the final version of your chart much faster when working with new data.
- Refreshed User Interface: Enjoy a more modern look and feel of the entire application, including icons, menus, and tabs.
- Easier Timeline and Gantt Chart Layouts: We have consolidated our options for vertical task layout into two intuitive choices: Gantt Chart (one task per row), or Timeline (collecting multiple tasks per row). This should better reflect the way project managers actually use OnePager.
- Advanced Swimlane and Text Column Formatting: Easily rotate text, and customize/save column headings directly into your TAM/TAT files.
- Easier Text Editing Controls: Point and click to edit individual text subshapes (label, % complete, start date, finish date), and give them their own custom formatting.
- Nomenclature Changes: Confusing terminology in the user interface has been changed or eliminated. For instance, what has been known as a “project view” (aka a TAM file) is now a “chart,” making it easier to train new OnePager users.
With this many new features, we’re in need of thorough testing by our user base before we do a General Availability release later in 2020. Would you like to be a OnePager 7.0 beta tester? If so, please e-mail [email protected] and we’ll let you know next steps. You’ll get the beta version and the benefits of these enhancements months earlier than the general public.
Please consider me for your Beta testing.
Thanks for your interest, Dennis! Please send a short request to [email protected]. This e-mail will be considered your official request to join the beta team, and we’ll circle back with a subsequent e-mail confirming your participation in short order.
Please considered me for beta as well
Thanks for your interest, Ronen! Please send a short request to [email protected]. This e-mail will be considered your official request to join the beta team, and we’ll circle back with a subsequent e-mail confirming your participation in short order.
When is 7.0 targeted for release?
Hi Troy, the beta version of 7.0 has been out for a few months. The target date for the broader public release of 7.0 is September.
The suspense is killing me 🙂
Do we have a date for the release?
Hi George, we are targeting a general availability release for September 2020. There will be an announcement here on the blog when it’s out, as well as an e-mail to all OnePager users with active Maintenance & Support subscriptions. We’re excited, glad you’re looking forward to it!