OnePager Express is construction management software that works with Excel, making it easy to visualize how workers are scheduled at differnt job sites. Don't have OnePager Express yet? You can download a free trial and try it out today.
Here's how to build a construction job schedule in OnePager:
- Start with a simple Excel spreadsheet. We've listed out each time a different worker is at a different job:
- Double-click the OnePager Express icon on your desktop. From the Start screen that pops up, choose New.
- In the import wizard, choose your Excel schedule as the source file, and then click Next and then Create new project view. OnePager will import the job and worker information from Excel and create a schedule like this:
- If you want to zoom in on only the current week, go to Home > Project View Properties > Main and change the date range of your report to show less time. When you click OK, you'll get a revised schedule like this:
- You can also slice and dice the schedule by worker instead of job, which will give you a better understanding of what each person is doing on a given day. To do this, go to Home > Project View Properties > Rows/Swimlanes and change your settings to organize the tasks by worker:
- Apply these changes, and you'll get a different view of the same schedule:
OnePager makes it easy to show how your workers are scheduled at different jobs, and you don't need complicated or expensive construction management software to do it.15-Day