This article describes how to use the OnePager Live web app to create a multi-project summary timeline, using the Microsoft Project data you already have.
- Start by making sure each of your Microsoft Project files has a Flag field, indicating for each task whether you want to import that task into your multi-project timeline. In the example below, we’ve inserted the Flag20 column, marking those tasks we want to appear in our timeline with Yes.
- Then login to OnePager Live. Don’t have OnePager Live yet? Sign up for free to learn more.
- After logging in, from the Start screen, choose New.
- You'll want to name your Project View (OnePager document). In this example, we'll call it "Project Portfolio - Tasks by Project".
- Select the Microsoft Project files you want to use to build your multi-project timeline. You can either pull these files from your local computer by clicking Import File(s) and then Choose Files, or from Microsoft Project Server by clicking Microsoft Project Server Plan(s) and selecting the desired Project Server files from the dropdown menu.
- From the Template dropdown list, choose the preloaded template called Multi-Project Gantt Chart - Detailed. This template contains a set of pre-configured settings that make it easy for you to build multi-project presentations. You can always change these settings later.
- Specify the Flag field you will be using to indicate which tasks you want to pull in to your OnePager document. In this example, we’ll use Flag20.
- Specify a Snapshot date for your portfolio schedule to represent the point in time the OnePager document they are looking at will be accurate to.
- Click Create new project view. OnePager will import your selected tasks and milestones and create a high-level portfolio view that shows the schedule for each individual project plan. Your OnePager result will be driven by your template that was selected earlier and may look like this:
It's that easy!
How much time and frustration could OnePager Live save you? Sign up for free today to learn more.Sign Up for Free