Building a Gantt chart does not require complicated project management software like Microsoft Project. In fact, it's easy to build a simple one from an Excel spreadsheet using OnePager Express Gantt chart software. If you aren't familiar with OnePager Express or Gantt charts in general, download a 15-day free trial to see how easy it is:
- Launch your Excel Gantt chart software by double-clicking the OnePager Express icon on your desktop:
- From the start screen, click NEW to build start building your Excel Gantt chart:
- Click Select, then Browse to find the Excel spreadsheet(s) that you want to use for your Gantt chart. You can use a simple Excel spreadsheet for starters, as long as you list each task, the start date, and the finish date like this:
- Name your Gantt chart. You can import everything from Excel, or filter a set of tasks and milestones. In this example, we'll include everything.
- Finally, hit the yellow Create new project view button to pull in your Excel spreadsheet and create the Gantt chart:
- If your Excel Gantt chart looks good as-is, go to File > Save As to export it to PDF, PowerPoint, or another format for easy sharing. If your Gantt chart needs a little touch-up, OnePager Express offer the most layouts and customizations of any Gantt chart software.