This article describes how to use OnePager Pro to create a multi-project summary timeline using the Microsoft Project data you already have:
You can watch a video tutorial on this topic or continue reading for step-by-step instructions:
- First, to select which individual tasks and milestones you want to import into OnePager Pro, insert a Flag column into your each Microsoft Project file you want to use. To insert a Flag column, simply right-click on any column heading and then select "Insert Column." In this example, we'll use Flag 20. Simply place a Yes in the flag column you chose to indicate which tasks you want to pull in to your OnePager document.
- Double-click the OnePager Pro icon on your desktop. (Don't have OnePager Pro yet? You can download a 15-day free trial to see how it works.) From the Start screen that pops up, choose New.
- Select one of your .mpp files as the first Microsoft Project plan. Then, click the Add/Remove button to Add more project plans to your timeline. Hit OK.
- Notice that OnePager now shows that five Microsoft Project plans are going to be imported into your multi-project timeline. Give your timeline a name, make sure that your flag field ("Flag20") is selected as your filter, and then click the Create new project view button to continue:
- Out of the box, OnePager gives you a clean, colorful multi-project timeline like this:
- From here, you can customize the formatting and layout of your timeline. For example, if you want to color-code your timeline so that the same types of tasks (e.g. Design) share a common color, you can go to Home > Project View Properties > Task Bars and change your color-coding from the Project Name to the Task Name:
- Once you apply this change, OnePager redraws your multi-project timeline and assigns a different color for each task type:
Continue fine-tuning the look and feel of your multi-project timeline until it's perfect, and then save it as a PDF or PowerPoint presentation to share with the rest of your team.
Get started today by downloading a free trial.15-Day