OnePager Pro is a project illustrator that works with Microsoft Project to create timelines and Gantt charts that are easy for everyone to understand. You can download a free trial of OnePager Pro and follow along with this short tutorial:
- Start with a standard Microsoft Project file. By default, it's pretty text-heavy, and could use an illustration or two:
You can use a flag field like "Flag 20" to filter your project plan before creating your illustration.
- Double-click the OnePager Pro icon on your desktop to launch the project illustrator. From the Start screen that pops up, choose New.
- Choose your Microsoft Project plan as the source file for your OnePager Gantt chart.
- Next, when the import wizard appears, give your project illustration a name, and a status date as shown below:
- Click the Create new chart button to create your initial project illustration:
The illustration above already looks pretty good, but you can make all kinds of modifications as needed, including:
- Conditional formatting
- Grouping and sorting
- Updates when your project plan changes
- Templates for other illustrations