Follow the steps below to see how easy it is to build a multi-project timeline from PWA. If you don’t already have OnePager Pro, you can download a 15-day free trial to see how it works.
- Log into PWA, and take a look at your Project Center. In this example, the Project Web App shows a total of five projects:
- We'll ultimately want to import all five projects from PWA into a single OnePager timeline, but as a starting point, let's take a quick look at the "Project A" plan:
This is a simple project, with a few key phases. In our project timeline, we'll want to only show the phase summaries (Phase I, Phase II, Phase III) and not the task-by-task detail. So, for each of the five projects we import, we'll only show the major phases. This will keep the timeline simple, while allowing you to keep as much detail as you need to back in PWA.
- Now, it's time to launch OnePager. Double-click the OnePager Pro icon on your desktop:
- When the start screen appears, click NEW to start building a new timeline from PWA:
- The next screen is where you will connect to PWA and decide which projects to include in your timeline. Click on Select > Browse Project Online/Server:
OnePager will prompt you for your PWA URL, username, and password, which will allow you to log into your PWA account and import the different project plans. This is a secure connection.
- Select all five projects from PWA, then click OK to add them to your timeline:
- Instead of selecting every task and milestone from all five projects in PWA, we want to filter the projects to only look at summary tasks. To do this, choose Select tasks by custom filter
- We'll set up a simple filter so that only top-level summary tasks (outline level 1) are imported from PWA. Lower-level detail tasks will be excluded from the timeline:
- Click OK, and then Create New Project View. OnePager will import the summary tasks from the five selected projects in PWA, and will create a timeline like this, with each project in its own swimlane, and with all of a project's phases lined up left-to-right:
From here, you can customize your swimlanes, the time axis, color-coding, and many other formatting elements.
Get started today by downloading a free trial, complete with our world-class customer support.15-Day