OnePager Pro Schedule Features
The IPO schedule timeline features:
- Dynamic grouping of IPO tasks into major phases
- Automatic color-coding of deliverables by the responsible team
- Use of curtains to show regulatory quiet periods that restrict information flow to analysts and investors
- Arrows that link key decision points in the IPO to the subsequent phases
- Comment boxes to highlight important elements of the IPO schedule
To learn more about how OnePager can help you keep track of an IPO schedule or other investor-focused events, get started today by downloading a free trial or attending one of our demonstration webinars.15-Day
This IPO timeline was created using the following files, which can be used to create something similar for your own team. You can download examples that work either with Microsoft Project or Excel:For Microsoft Project users:
- Initial Public Offering Schedule.mpp (Microsoft Project Schedule)
- Initial Public Offering Schedule (Project).tat (OnePager Template for Microsoft Project)
- Initial Public Offering Schedule.xlsx (Excel Schedule)
- Initial Public Offering Schedule (Excel).tat (OnePager Template for Excel)
To build an IPO timeline like the example above, follow these instructions:
Download one set of the sample files above--either for Microsoft Project or for Excel. Each set contains a project plan containing all of the key IPO dates, plus a OnePager template that will help define the layout of the timeline itself. Save both files to your desktop.
Open the Microsoft Project or Excel file.
Once the project plan is open, go to Add-Ins and click the OnePager button.
On the OnePager start screen, click NEW to build a new timeline.
- We need to change OnePager's default template to the one downloaded above. To do this, click on Change, and then BROWSE FILES to the OnePager template (*.tat) file. This OnePager template contains all of the data-driven formatting (styles, layout, etc.) that make the timeline look the way that it does.
- Once the custom OnePager template is selected, click on Create New Project View to build your timeline. It should look similar to example at the top of this article.
- You may find that you need to adjust the path of the dependency lines between tasks. This can be done with your mouse. For more information, read this article on how to change the path of a link in OnePager.