OnePager Pro Portfolio Features
This timeline features:
- Automatic color-coding of each FDA trial phase
- Time cursor to indicate the current status of the drug portfolio
- Multi-year timeline that is ideal for long-range planning
- Easy grouping of project data by National Drug Code (NDC) for better understanding
- Ability to track progress across multiple projects, regardless of whether they are all in one Microsoft Project file, or in separate MPP files.
This portfolio of clinical trials was built in OnePager Pro, project timeline software that imports dates and milestones directly from Microsoft Project or Project Server/Online.
To learn more about how OnePager can help you keep track of an entire portfolio of clinical trials, get started today by downloading a free trial.15-Day
This clinical trial portfolio timeline was created using the following files, which can be used to create something similar for your own team. You can download examples that work either with Microsoft Project or Excel:For Microsoft Project users:
- Clinical Trial Portfolio.mpp (Microsoft Project Schedule)
- Clinical Trial Portfolio (Project).tat (OnePager Template for Microsoft Project)
- Clinical Trial Portfolio.xlsx (Excel Schedule)
- Clinical Trial Portfolio (Excel).tat (OnePager Template for Excel)
To build a clinical trial portfolio like the example above, follow these instructions:
Download one set of the sample files above--either for Microsoft Project or for Excel. Each set contains a project plan containing all of the key milestones, plus a OnePager template that will help define the layout of the timeline itself. Save both files to your desktop.
Open the Microsoft Project or Excel file.
Once the project plan is open, go to Add-Ins and click the OnePager button.
On the OnePager start screen, click NEW to build a new timeline.
- We need to change OnePager's default template to the one downloaded above. To do this, click on Change, and then BROWSE FILES to the OnePager template (*.tat) file. This OnePager template contains all of the data-driven formatting (styles, layout, etc.) that make the timeline look the way that it does.
- Once the custom OnePager template is selected, click on Create New Project View to build your timeline. It should look exactly like the example at the top of this article.