OnePager Express Timeline Features
This timeline features:
- Placement of related launches into a single row for each product
- Automatic assignment of a flag to represent each country's product launch milestone
- Display of the exact launch date as text along the timeline
This timeline of international product launches was created in OnePager Express, timeline software for Excel.
To learn more about how OnePager can help you keep track of an entire portfolio of product launches across different countries, get started today by downloading a free trial.15-Day
This international product launch timeline was created using the following files, which can be used to create something similar for your own team. You can download examples that work either with Microsoft Project or Excel:For Microsoft Project users:
- International Product Launch Timeline.mpp (Microsoft Project Schedule)
- International Product Launch Timeline (Project).tat (OnePager Template for Microsoft Project)
- International Product Launch Timeline.xlsx (Excel Schedule)
- International Product Launch Timeline (Excel).tat (OnePager Template for Excel)
To build a international product launch timeline like the example above, follow these instructions:
Download one set of the sample files above--either for Microsoft Project or for Excel. Each set contains a project plan containing all of the product launch dates for each country, plus a OnePager template that will help define the layout of the timeline itself. Save both files to your desktop.
Open the Microsoft Project or Excel file.
Once the project plan is open, go to Add-Ins and click the OnePager button.
On the OnePager start screen, click NEW to build a new timeline.
- We need to change OnePager's default template to the one downloaded above. To do this, click on Change, and then BROWSE FILES to the OnePager template (*.tat) file. This OnePager template contains all of the data-driven formatting (styles, layout, etc.) that make the timeline look the way that it does.
- Once the custom OnePager template is selected, click on Create New Project View to build your timeline. It should look exactly like the example at the top of this article.