OnePager Pipeline Portfolio Components
This timeline includes:
- Zooming in on the second year to give focus to near-term milestones.
- Assignment of a unique color and shape to each type of milestone (FPI, LPI, LPO, etc.)
- Displaying the due date for each milestone along the timeline.
- Placing milestones for each candidate in a single line, on top of a bar depicting the overall project duration.
This Pipeline Portfolio Timeline was created using OnePager, the leading pharmaceutical PPM reporting application for Project Online.
To learn more about how OnePager can help you build timelines of the key milestones for your company's pipeline, get started today by downloading a free trial.15-Day
This pipeline portfolio timeline was created using the following files, which can be used to create something similar for your own team:For Microsoft Project users:
- Pipeline Portfolio Timeline.mpp (Microsoft Project Schedule)
- Pipeline Portfolio Timeline (Project).tat (OnePager Template for Microsoft Project)
To build a pipeline portfolio timeline like the example above, follow these instructions:
Download the set of sample files above. The samples contain a project plan containing all of the key milestones, plus a OnePager template that will help define the layout of the timeline itself. Save both files to your desktop.
Open the Microsoft Project file.
Once the project plan is open, go to Add-Ins and click the OnePager button.
On the OnePager start screen, click NEW to build a new timeline.
- We need to change OnePager's default template to the one downloaded above. To do this, click on Change, and then BROWSE FILES to the OnePager template (*.tat) file. This OnePager template contains all of the data-driven formatting (styles, layout, etc.) that make the timeline look the way that it does.
- Once the custom OnePager template is selected, click on Create New Chart to build your timeline. It should look similar to the example at the top of this article.