OnePager Express Site Production Roadmap Features
This site production roadmap features:
- Collection of manufacturing activities by assembly line, which shows allocation of manufacturing assets
- Grouping of assembly lines by manufacturing site, showing concurrent activities in each plant or division
- Conditional formatting of each product manufacturing activity by the product category (e.g. chips, batteries, etc.)
- Links to show movement of manufacturing activities from one plant to another as established products are outsourced overseas, and cutting-edge products are manufactured locally
This site production roadmap was created using OnePager Express, product roadmapping software from Chronicle Graphics that integrates with Microsoft Excel.15-Day
This site production roadmap was created using the following files, which you can download in either Microsoft Project or Excel format to create something similar for your own team:For Microsoft Project users:
- Site Production Roadmap.mpp (Microsoft Project Plan)
- Site Production Roadmap (Project).tat (OnePager Template for Microsoft Project)
- Site Production Roadmap.xlsx (Excel Plan)
- Site Production Roadmap (Excel).tat (OnePager Template for Excel)
To build a site production roadmap like the example above, follow these instructions:
Download one of the two sets of sample files listed above. There is a Microsoft Project or Excel plan containing all of the manufacturing timelines for each site, plus a matching OnePager template for Excel or Microsoft Project that will help define the layout of the roadmap itself. Save both files to your desktop.
Open the Microsoft Project or Excel file.
Once the file is open, go to Add-Ins and click the OnePager button.
On the OnePager start screen, click NEW to build a new Gantt chart.
- We need to change OnePager's default template to the one downloaded above. To do this, click on Change, and then BROWSE FILES to the OnePager template (*.tat) file. This OnePager template contains all of the data-driven formatting (styles, layout, etc.) that give this roadmap its unique look. Make sure that you use the OnePager template that matches your Microsoft Project or Excel source file.
- Once the custom OnePager template is selected, click on Create New Project View to build your project schedule. It should look identical to the example at the top of this article.