Download Agile Task Board as PDF Download Agile Task Board as Image
OnePager Agile Task Board Features
This task board uses:
- Color-coding of deliverables by approval status (e.g. locked, prioritized, funded).
- Vertical curtains to mark the timeframe for each of the three sprints.
- Grouping of tasks into swimlanes based on feature category.
- Week-by-week time scale ideal for shorter sprints and fast delivery cycles.
This agile task board was created using OnePager Express, project scheduling software from Chronicle Graphics that uses data imported from Microsoft Excel.
To learn more about OnePager, and see how it can help you with your agile project planning, get started today by downloading a free trial.15-Day
This agile task board was created using the following files, available in both Excel and Microsoft Project formats, which you can download to create something similar for your own team:For Excel users:
- Agile Task Board.xlsx (Excel Schedule)
- Agile Task Board (Excel).tat (OnePager Template for Excel)
- Agile Task Board.mpp (Microsoft Project Schedule)
- Agile Task Board (Project).tat (OnePager Template for Microsoft Project)
To build an agile task board like the example above, follow these instructions:
Download one set of sample files from above. There are Excel and Microsoft Project plans containing all of the key activities for the different sprints, plus a matching OnePager template that will help define the layout of the chart itself based on the data from either Excel or Microsoft Project. Save both files to your desktop.
Open the task board in Excel or Microsoft Project.
Once the task board is open, go to Add-Ins and click the OnePager button.
On the OnePager start screen, click NEW to build a new timeline.
- We need to change OnePager's default template to the one downloaded above. To do this, click on Change, and then BROWSE FILES to the OnePager template (*.tat) file. This OnePager template contains all of the data-driven formatting (styles, layout, etc.) that give this schedule its unique look.
- Once the custom OnePager template is selected, click on Create New Project View to build your task board. It should resemble the example at the top of this article.