OnePager Pro M&A Integration Schedule Features
The schedule features:
- Milestone markers that depict major events in the project (merger approval, integration complete, etc.)
- Automatic color-coding and grouping of tasks into swimlanes by their delivery phases.
- Display of the schedule based on the company's fiscal year (customizable time axis).
- Percent complete/progress markers that show how far along each task is towards completion.
- Imported budget information from MS Project that accompanies each row of the schedule.
This M&A integration schedule was created using OnePager Pro, timeline software from Chronicle Graphics that imports one or multiple project plans from Microsoft Project.15-Day
This merger integration schedule was created using the following files, available in both Excel and Microsoft Project formats, which you can download to create something similar for your own team:For Excel users:
- Merger and Acquisition Integration Schedule.xlsx (Excel Schedule)
- Merger and Acquisition Integration Schedule (Excel).tat (OnePager Template for Excel)
- Merger and Acquisition Integration Schedule.mpp (Microsoft Project Schedule)
- Merger and Acquisition Integration Schedule (Project).tat (OnePager Template for Microsoft Project)
To build an merger integration schedule like the example above, follow these instructions:
Download one set of sample files from above. There are Excel and Microsoft Project plans containing all of the key activities for the project, plus a matching OnePager template that will help define the layout of the chart itself based on the data from either Excel or Microsoft Project. Save both files to your desktop.
Open the schedule file in Excel or Microsoft Project.
Once the schedule file is open, go to Add-Ins and click the OnePager button.
On the OnePager start screen, click NEW to build a new timeline.
- We need to change OnePager's default template to the one downloaded above. To do this, click on Change, and then BROWSE FILES to the OnePager template (*.tat) file. This OnePager template contains all of the data-driven formatting (styles, layout, etc.) that give this schedule its unique look.
- Once the custom OnePager template is selected, click on Create New Project View to build your Gantt chart. It should resemble the example at the top of this article.