Sometimes, OnePager will be unable to create a new report from Microsoft Project, and will give you a warning like this:
In layman's terms, this means that OnePager is trying to import tasks and milestones from Microsoft Project, but that it cannot find any valid dates to import. This is usually due to OnePager looking at the wrong Microsoft Project fields for date information. To fix this:
- Open your Microsoft Project plan and launch OnePager as you normally would. Click NEW to begin building a new report.
- On the import wizard, check the box to Show Field Mappings and then click the Next button.
- Double-check the field mappings that OnePager is using to create your report. In this case, you'll notice that all date fields are mapped to "Actual Finish". This doesn't look right:
- In fact, if you go back to your Microsoft Project plan and inspect the "Actual Finish" field, you'll notice that there are no dates in it. Essentially, OnePager is trying to import tasks without a valid start or finish date:
- You'll want to change your field mappings to match the data you have in Microsoft Project. We recommend the following mappings:
- Now, continue the import process and you should have more success.