We regularly release upgrades to our OnePager products. Licensed users are entitled to these upgrades when:
- A maintenance and support subscription is active; OR
- An upgrade license has been purchased
If you've installed an upgrade and you're not sure if you are eligible for it, please request upgrade assistance prior to downgrading to an earlier version.
If you are not not eligible for an upgrade, and do not wish to purchase one, you must downgrade to your previously-licensed version using the instructions below.
All newer versions of OnePager can import views created in older versions. However, views created in the latest version of OnePager may not be compatible in earlier versions, should you decide to downgrade. IMPORTANT: If you have been running a trial upgrade license and decide to downgrade, you will still have access to any views created prior to the upgrade, but will no longer have access to views created in the upgraded version.
Steps to DowngradePlease follow these steps to downgrade your license of OnePager:
- Uninstall the upgraded version of OnePager Pro. Don't reinstall the old version yet.
- Locate your OnePager data folder. Its default location depends on the version of Windows you are running:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[YOUR USERNAME]\Local Settings\Application Data\Chronicle Graphics\OnePager\data
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Chronicle Graphics\OnePager\data
On occasion, your IT or IS department will customize the location of your OnePager folder. If you are unable to find your folder in either of the two locations above, you will need to check your registry to see where the data is being stored. This is easy to do:
- Launch the registry editor by opening a command prompt and typing regedit
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Chronicle Graphics -> OnePager
- Locate the CGDataPath item as shown below. This is the location of your OnePager data file:
- In your OnePager data folder, there are two files that matter (you can ignore all others):
- UpdateBackup.tad: This is your new data from your temporary upgrade. It should always have a later date/time stamp than the other file below.
- UpdateBackup_Save_[Version].tad: This is your old data from your original installation. It will have a version number at the end (e.g. 115), and will have an earlier date/time stamp than the file above.
- Delete the file called UpdateBackup.tad. This file is no longer useful to you since the data you created with the upgraded version of OnePager cannot be used in the downgraded version that you just installed.
- Rename the remaining UpdateBackup_Save_[Version].tad to UpdateBackup.tad. This is all of your legacy OnePager data, which can then be imported again in your downgraded version. When finished, your data folder should look like this:
- Now, you can download and install the original version of OnePager Pro that you are licensed to run. If you are unsure which version this is, or need a new download link, please contact [email protected], and we will provide you the necessary links.
Last Updated: December 27, 2019