Many users host their project plans in the cloud using Project Online or Project Server 2016, 2019, or Project Server Subscription Edition. OnePager is able to access these Project Online-hosted plans to create new charts and to update existing chart with new information.
If you are having difficulty updating your OnePager reports using the standalone version of OnePager that runs outside of Microsoft Project, it may be because OnePager is having difficulty connecting to Project Online or Project Server 2016/2019 on its own. There are two easy ways to resolve this.
Upgrade to a Later Version of OnePager Pro
Several known Microsoft issues prevented earlier versions of OnePager Pro from connecting directly to Project Online or Project Server 2016/2019. Microsoft has since fixed their issues, and these fixes have been incorporated into later versions of OnePager Pro. If you are using Project Online or Project Server and want to create or update reports from OUTSIDE Microsoft Project on the desktop, please ensure that you are running the following:
- If you are connecting via TLS 1.2 and modern authentication, you need OnePager Pro v7.1.7 or later running .NET Framework 4.5.
- If you are connecting via TLS 1.2 and legacy authentication, you need OnePager Pro v6.1.7 or later running .NET Framework 4.5. Note: For security reasons, Microsoft is sunsetting Project Online support for legacy authentication, so it is a good idea to upgrade to a version of OnePager that supports modern authentication now.
- If you are connecting via TLS 1.0, you need OnePager Pro v5.3.11 or later running .NET Framework 4.0. Note: For security reasons, Microsoft no longer supports TLS 1.0 for Project Online and many on-premise versions of Project Server 2016, 2019, and Project Server Subscription Edition, so it is a good idea to upgrade to a version of OnePager that supports TLS 1.2 now.
If your maintenance and support is current, you can use our replacement download tool to upgrade to the version of OnePager Pro that you need.
Update Using the OnePager Pro Add-In for Microsoft Project
If you don't have permission to upgrade your OnePager Pro software, you can still connect to Project Online, Project Server 2016, Project Server 2019, and Project Server Subscription Edition from INSIDE Microsoft Project on the desktop. Here's how:
- Close the instance of OnePager Pro that is running outside of Microsoft Project.
- Launch Microsoft Project on your desktop and open your project plan from Project Online/Project Server 2016/Project Server 2019/Project Server Subscription Edition.
- Once your project plan loads from Project Online, go to Add-ins and click the OnePager button.
- OPEN (don't update yet) your chart, and go to Home > Chart Properties > Advanced.
- Change the Server Method setting to "Use MS Project Professional". This tells OnePager to let Project load your data from Project Server. Click OK.
- Go to the Data tab and continue updating your chart as you normally would:
Last Updated: December 30, 2022